Monday, July 25, 2011

The Basement

(to visit go to: thebasementonline.com)

A month ago, I took my sons to The Basement. For those of you who do not know what this is, it's a movement started for the youth in Birmingham, which has now gone global, to glorify God. They are unconventional, loud, and anointed! I do believe my age finally came out that night. I like to think I'm still 16, but the soon to be 38 year old showed up. As I stood there listening to the music, with my ears covered, watching all of the kids, I was taken back. I realized I had never seen that many young people raise their hands and praise God. All you could see, anywhere you looked, was God's little ones singing to the top of their lungs and just praising! AMEN!

While I was singing one of the songs, God spoke to me about a young man in front of me. There were three young men, maybe in their very early twenties, praising God. Now, the boy to the left was just beyond. He was filled to the top, overflowing, with the Holy Spirit. At first, I thought I was supposed to talk with him. So, I asked God, and He said, "No, the boy in the middle." God told me to tell this young man that He was about to do something mighty in his life. When He does this, he doesn't want him to keep it to himself, but he wants him to witness it to others. Now, since the boy was openly praising God, it made me wonder, if what God was going to do would be so great, that it might scare the boy, and he would be afraid to tell people. I know I feel that way still.

Now, it's not easy, or I should say, it's not easy for me, to tap a stranger on the back and say, "Hey! How's it going? I've got a message from God for you!" As I grow in my walk with God, maybe it won't be anything to say this. But for now, I wrestle with it. In fact, when I got the message, I was upset. I really wanted to experience The Basement, the way my son did. Yes, I see now, how silly this sentence is. What I have learned, is when God gives me a message, He will just stir me up, and flip me upside down inside, till I can't feel comfortable, unless I do His will. So, I said out loud, "OK, I'll tell him!" I had to wait until the music stopped for him to hear me.

While I waited for the song to end, something crazy happened! Once I said I would deliver the message, I started feeling the presence of the Holy Spirit. I have felt that before, that's not what floored me. This is the only way I can describe what happened to me, so bare with me: Although I did not see him, I felt with everything in my spirit, there was a HUGE warrior angel surrounding this boy in front of me. It was so strong, that it knocked me back, and I fell into my chair!

Once the song ended, I tapped the young man on the shoulder. When he turned around and looked at me, he was rather rough looking; his friends were rather rough looking too. I thought, well maybe someone just brought them to this tonight. (because I don't truly see,  I'm still working on this) I told the boy the message. I told him I am very new to all of this, I don't know how it works, or if I'm supposed to say it different. He just stopped, looked at me, and smiled. He said, "Thank you for your obedience to the Spirit and God." I then told him about the presence that I felt, and how it knocked me back. I told him, he must have a big ol' angel around him. He looked at his friend and smiled.

 I went back to listening to the lesson and he did too. They sang some more songs, and then it was time to go. I was trying to tell my son what had happened to me, when he came back to his seat, but it was so loud, he could not hear me. When it was all over, I was going to hug the boy and thank him for giving me such a wonderful gift that night. Before I could turn around, he grabbed me, hugged me, and thanked me. It was very powerful. As the boys left, I looked down the row and saw that they had a man with them who was a little person. Do you remember me saying how "rough" they looked and my thoughts on them? They picked that little man up and carried him like a child. I saw them afterwards, and they carried him everywhere. For young kids, not to care what others think, and just love up on someone who has a disability, tells me they were a special group of young men.

I wish I would have got the young man's name or number to find out what God did in his life. Of course, that's what I want. We all love to know don't we? We, as humans, as Christians, are constantly asking God, why? Why? WHY? I'm sure He does what our mom's did, and what we do, and says, "Because I said so." I decided I would go back to The Basement again. I want to try to experience what my kids have received. I may bring a pair of ear plugs this time.  But, if I go, and God speaks to me again, I think I'll be alright with that experience too.
~Stacy~

John 10:27
My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.

1 comment:

stacyc730 said...

To view The Basement go to: thebasementonline.com