Friday, July 1, 2011

Mike Henderson's Testimony Part 1

When I was 29 years old, I became very sick. I remember being at the office one morning with severe pain and swelling in the lower left hand side of my abdomen. My belly was bloated and I knew something was seriously wrong. I was taken to the emergency room, then admitted to the hospital. The doctors told me, "You have a hole in your colon and its contents are leaking into your belly." They planned to do surgery once they treated the infection with antibiotics. Annette (my wife) had everyone praying for me.

Ron and Lisa Dodson, and Greg and Susan Johnston, my good friends, God bless them, visited me and prayed over me. Just before the surgery was scheduled, the hospital did a follow-up CT scan. Afterwards, my doctor, Dr. Hamer, told Annette and I that he wanted to talk with us. He said, "I don't understand it, and I have no explanation for it. The hole in your colon has closed up. It isn't there anymore."

He showed us the before and after CT pictures. Everything had cleared up. Even though the doctor had no explanation, we told him we knew what had happened. God had healed me. That is the healing power of the Holy Spirit!

Psalm 30:2
O Lord my God, I called to you for help and you healed me.

No comments: