Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Child-Like Faith

God is working daily in peoples' lives. We need to encourage others to have their eyes and ears open, be in tune with the Holy Spirit, and be ready to receive. I would like to share a story with you. Through our tragedy, God showed His love for our family. As usual, He spoke to me through a child. Let me explain:

Several years ago, I was attending a revival. A complete stranger came up to me and said something that I will never forget. He said I would be used by God one day, to share with others, about having a child-like faith.  Filled with the Spirit, that same night, two other men who were strangers, said the same thing! One man said this to me before I left the church. The other man, rushed over to me, when I was getting in my car. He said he had to come tell me this before I left. I could not deny this. This was confirmation through the Holy Spirit. As I stated before, for me, God confirms things in three's. The Holy Spirit has spoken to me so many times through children.  I HAVE to be obedient, and share with others, about having a child-like faith.

 Tuesday, June 22nd, our pet dog Sandy passed away. She was scared of the storm and dug her way out of the fence. She was hit and killed by a car. Even though we were devastated, God used this tragedy, to show Himself, and bless us through none the less, a child. It was a very sad day and we had all been crying. At one point, Jack, our six year-old, through his tears, put his arms around my husband to comfort him. He said "Daddy, don't be sad, you were a good daddy to Sandy, just like our daddy in heaven is good to us."

I have been given so many messages from children. For me, it was like God was saying, "It will be OK, I am with you." For our little six year old to compare my husband's love with our Father's love, it was so special and comforting to me. Sometimes, I think it's just this simple. We want to complicate God's love, His message, His presence. That day, our mourning was turned into joy, as God spoke to us through the mouth of a child.
~Mimi Green~

Matthew 18:2-4
He called a little child and had him stand among them. And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven."

No comments: