Friday, July 8, 2011

Mimi Green's Testimony

My husband and I have been married for nine years. Early on in our marriage, we knew we wanted a child. I specifically, wanted a little boy. However, we knew this might be difficult considering my age (I was 38 at the time). I remember my doctor telling me, "I'm going to refer you to a fertility doctor. It is unlikely that you will conceive without the help of fertility treatments." I did not accept what he told me. I knew in my spirit he was wrong.  I left my doctor's office, threw away the fertility doctor's number, and spoke opposite of it with the scripture  "What is considered by man impossible, is made POSSIBLE by God." Luke 18:27

I could feel God telling me "I know all the desires of your heart Mimi, and I know you want a baby, because I'm the one that gave you that desire."  He knew I did not want to go on fertility drugs. He was telling me that we were going to conceive without them. We waited for confirmation. Confirmations that God is speaking to you, in my experience, come in three's.  Little did we know, we were about to receive our three confirmations.


 While my husband and I were attending a service, we heard of a woman who had been given a gift by God. She prayed specifically for women who had trouble conceiving. We went to her for prayer. I remember she laid her hand on my belly and prayed for "my womb to be made open."  She said she felt God telling her that we would indeed have a baby soon. This was the first confirmation by God that I was going to have a baby.

Around this same time period, my husband and I, took a little mini-vacation, to a Bed and Breakfast, down in South Alabama. A sweet man and woman, who were married, owned the B&B. We had never met them before. As we were talking over coffee the next morning, we began discussing the power of the Holy Spirit; how He works actively in our lives today. She had no way of knowing we wanted to get pregnant. Out of the blue, she said, "You know, this might sound crazy, but God is telling me in my spirit, that your offspring will be used in a mighty way for Christ one day."  I could not believe it! She went on to talk about how he (not she) would be a mighty warrior for Christ. This was the second confirmation.

The third confirmation, came in the way of a messenger, from the church we were attending. He did not know us that well, much less know, we were trying to get pregnant. Out of the blue, one Sunday, he came up to us, and said, "You two might think this sounds crazy, but I had a vision of you, Mimi, holding a little baby boy in front of a fireplace." He went on to say, that God told him in his spirit, the baby boy was to be named, John Emmanuel  specifically. Needless to say, we were floored! We didn't know what to make of all this. We needed some time to process it all. Well, we didn't have much time, because within two months, I found out I was pregnant. The man that had the vision of me holding a baby boy, was at our house shortly after, watching me hold our new baby boy, John Emmanuel Green by the fireplace.   (Jack for short)

Jack is now six years old. He has been such a blessing in our lives. His little heart is so pure and I can tell that God is rising him up to be "a mighty man of God."

Mimi Green

Acts 17:26
I determined the exact time of your birth and where you would live. 
 

No comments: