Monday, June 20, 2011

Ethan's Love For Mom

I have been posting on facebook how much pain I have been in with my tooth. I had to have a root canal done today. I didn't have the money for it. That's when life happens huh? I have really bad teeth, they break all the time. The kids are used to me being in pain with them. I am always telling them, "Brush your teeth! You don't want to be like Mom." I had been hurting all weekend and was waiting desperately for Monday so I could see my dentist.

Yesterday, after class, we all gathered in the auditorium at church. I was hurting worse during praise time. I finally had to hold my mouth to sing. Ethan tugged on my dress. He had the Bible in his hand with a verse open. He wanted me to read it. He told me he remembered what Mike Henderson (his Bible teacher) told him. The Bible was a weapon against evil. He opened the Bible, and "looked down the page for the red letters" (Jesus' words). He said he knew I was hurting and thought this might help. This is what he found:

2 Corinthians 12:8, 10
Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

No comments: