Sunday, June 26, 2011

Broken Car... New House?

I did not grow up having money. Our family has always struggled. Through the struggles, I watched my parents turn to God. Mom and Dad have told me so many stories of God helping them through the rough patches. In all the bad times, Dad would look at us and say, "Well we're still here. We didn't know how we'd make it sometimes, but we did." Mom would interject with, "Well, we know how Fred. God got us there." Here's a story where God helped us out in a time of need.

One day, Dad could not get our car in the right gear. If he did, it was extremely hard. He knew it had to be fixed right away. We didn't have extra money in the bank to get the car fixed. We were barely making it to pay the bills. Dad had worked with a guy named Mark, when they were both at Electrolux. He remembered that Mark knew how to work on cars. Dad took the car over to Mark to have him look at it. Mom and Dad were worried that the malfunction was going to be a major expense. Mark looked at the car, and told Dad that the activator rod, that changes the gears, had broken. To fix it, the part cost $2.95! Dad was so happy that he didn't have to come up with a huge amount of money!


Mom and Dad thought that was the blessing from God until...

As Mark and Dad were talking, Mark mentioned that the house next to them was for rent. Where we were living, my room wasn't really a room. I think it must have been a storage area. There was enough room for a twin bed and this small vanity I had, nothing else! It was hard to walk in the room without crawling on the bed. The house before this, I didn't have a room at all. My room, or my bed I should say, was in the living room. We hadn't lived in Huntsville long, and we just had to take what we could get. This house had 3 bedrooms in it. I would finally get a room of my own! Not to mention, a Burger King was literally my across the street neighbor. That worked out well as a teen late at night when friends were over.


Had that car part not broke, we never would have known about the house. You never know how God will work in your life; how an inconvience can turn into a blessing.
~Stacy~

Prov. 19:17
 He who is gracious to a poor man lends to the LORD, and He will repay him for his good deed.

No comments: